Dear BPS Community,
The Brockton Public Schools is pleased to share that we have secured enough rapid tests to send one kit home with each student and staff member. The kits will begin to be distributed on Monday, January 31. Due to the massive size of this distribution effort, it may take a few days for your child’s school to distribute their tests and we thank you in advance for your patience.
Here is what you need to know:
- Every student and BPS employee is eligible to receive a kit. If your child is in elementary school or middle school and you DO NOT want them to be sent home with a kit, please email their principal by Sunday night. If you DO want your child to be sent home with a kit, you don’t need to do anything.
- CIC Health is assisting the district in distributing the kits. They will be distributed in the classroom at the elementary schools, middle schools, Keith Center and Huntington. Students at Brockton High School will be able to pick up a kit during lunch. Every student will be told to write their name on the box and immediately put it away in their bag to bring home.
- This is a one-time distribution that is not part of the district’s new at-home testing program. If your child is participating in the at-home testing program, they’ll receive a second kit late next week.
- If your child is participating in the at-home testing program AND they are not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, we strongly recommend saving this kit to use when they are exhibiting symptoms.
- We do not recommend testing for anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days. However, you may hold onto this test kit for use after the 90 days has expired.
- We only have enough kits to provide one to each student and staff member. No exceptions will be made.
Each kit will include detailed instructions. You may also find the instructions in English, French, Portuguese and Spanish here.